VFX SupervisorTerug naar Backstage
As a VFX Supervisor you are essential to guiding the creative inception, execution and management of visual effects projects within Planet X and are responsible for achieving the director’s vision. You work closely with the key (creative) collaborators on the production and help ‘design’ as well as lead up the VFX process. Your aim is to deliver the highest possible quality of VFX work within often existing challenges of time and budget.
Profile and responsibilities
- You keep in close contact with project leads (vfx producer/coordinator) and the team of artists at Planet X (and incidentally external freelancers), anticipating issues to resolve problems quickly
- You are an excellent collaborator who has the ability to lead the workflow of the project and develop solutions to achieve the vision of the project.
- You will provide creative leadership by setting out your vision and expectations clearly and setting the highest level of quality.
- You will make strategic recommendations of staffing and requirements to meet the needs of the project, including identifying additional tools required
- Understanding of all processes that go into CG (art) production, including concept art, modeling, texturing, animation, lighting, FX, composition;
- Experience with shot/asset management using ShotGrid (ShotGun)
- Advanced experience with spreadsheet software and other tools that help communication
- Highly developed time and project management skills
- Highly organised with great written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of VFX image workflows and pipelines
- Strong affection with film/art
- Place of residency in -or close to- Amsterdam
- A position in which you can work independently and where your own ideas and input are highly valued
- The opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge
- A broad variety of high-end projects to work on (from drama to virtual production) both domestic and international
- A great working environment with enthusiastic, creative and passionate colleagues.
- Regular Planet X Cinema Nights in our own cinema!
- A competitive salary based on age and experience
- A contract for at least 12 months with the intention of extending further
Project highlight: Dragon Girl
Planet X was responsible for the complete visual effects share of Dragon Girl from pre to finish. Featuring well over 220 shots, 170+ with a fully animated CG dragon (one of the first attempts of this scale in The Netherlands), the efforts resulted in 12 minutes of engaging screen time performance.