Compositing Artists (mid/senior level)Terug naar Backstage
Planet X is a creative visual effects studio based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and one of the key players within the Dutch film industry, providing creative visual effects for top-end feature film and television productions with a dedicated team of 20+ highly skilled VFX artists and experienced supervisors.
Planet X is known for its unique creative approach, focusing on concept, design and execution of visual effects from pre-production to delivery.
We are looking for full time
Compositing Artists (mid/senior level)
We are looking for a compositor for long- and short term, starting as soon as possible.
only applicants who are able to work from our Amsterdam-based office will be contacted.
As a compositor you will be working closely with the VFX supervisor and VFX Producer to achieve the highest creative and technical standards for visual effects shots.
- Experience as a Nuke compositor on mid or senior level
- Able to show your compositing skills in a demo reel
- Able to tackle shots from beginning to end, incl.: roto, tracking, paint, keying, etc.
- Have attention to detail, color, and lighting
- Able to integrate multi-pass CG elements seamlessly
- Good communication with coordinators and supervisors
- Must be pro-active and able to take direction/criticism
- Strong affection with film/tv/drama/art;
- Experience with ShotGrid (formerly ShotGun) and Mocha is a plus
- You are able to work from our Amsterdam based office
- A position in which you can work independently and where your own ideas and input are highly valued;
- The opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge;
- A broad variety of high-end projects to work on both domestic and international;
- A great working environment with enthusiastic, creative and passionate colleagues;
- A competitive salary based on age and experience;
- Regular Planet X Cinema Nights in our own cinema!
To apply, please fill in our
Project highlight: Dragon Girl
Planet X was responsible for the complete visual effects share of Dragon Girl from pre to finish. Featuring well over 220 shots, 170+ with a fully animated CG dragon (one of the first attempts of this scale in The Netherlands), the efforts resulted in 12 minutes of engaging screen time performance.
Last year Planet X won the Amanda Award, the Norwegian film award for ‘Best Visual Effects’ in Dragon Girl.