BorgmanBack to Feature films
- DirectorAlex van Warmerdam
- ProducerGraniet Film
Marc van Warmerdam
- Visual effects supervisorDennis Kleyn, NVX
- CompositingAlbert van Vuure
Frank van der Peet
- Ass. compositingKimberley Klaiber
- Vfx coordination & planningViolette Kleyn
- ReleaseFall 2013, the Netherlands
- Running time112 minutes
- FormatShot with Arri Alexa
- D.O.P.Tom Erisman, NSC
- EditorJob ter Burg, NCE
- Facility & gradingGalaxy Studios
- AwardsSelected for Cannes 2013 main competition
‘Borgman’ is a dark narrative focusing on the main character Camiel Borgman. He arrives as an outsider in the shady walled lanes of an exclusive residential area. His arrival sets off a sequence of disturbing events around the carefully erected façade of an arrogant, rich husband and wife, their three children and their nanny.
‘Borgman’ was the first Dutch film in 38 years to be selected for the competition of the prestigious film festival in Cannes (2013) and the Dutch nomination in the 'Foreign Language Category' for the 2014 Academy Awards.
Planet X created more than 100 visual effects shots for ‘Borgman’.
The teaser for 'Borgman'
Camiel Borgman cements the heads of the dead bodies into buckets and throws them into the lake.
The disturbing and iconic image was painted beforehand by director Alex van Warmerdam and provided reference for the look and feel of the visual effects shot.